We spoke with Barb Gurnett, CEO & Owner of Springs Digital Marketing, about how she got where she is today! Celebrate International Women’s Day by speaking to women in your life who inspire you!
What did you want to be when you were a child?
- I love the outdoors and wanted to be a forest ranger.
What was the best piece of business advice you were given when you were starting out?
- Don’t try to do everything. Stay focused on the most important things it take to work on the business.
What is the biggest sacrifice you’ve made in starting or running a business?
- Time…balancing my time has been my biggest challenge and sacrifice.
What does success mean to you?
- Having a positive impact on those around me. This includes my family, my kids, my team, my clients, friends and those I interact with. I love the idea of changing lives.
Name the biggest overall lesson you’ve learned in running a business.
- People who choose to start a business are a unique group of people. I’m impressed with the community of people who are willing to help each other.
In moments of self-doubt or adversity, how do you build yourself back up?
- Perspective…sometimes it takes stepping back and gaining your perspective back. Sometimes you also need to laugh at yourself – don’t take yourself so seriously.
Knowing what you know now, what would you have done differently when you were first starting out?
- The importance of pacing yourself in starting out.
What’s your favorite thing to come home to after a long day of work?
- My family, my puppy and a glass of wine.
Celebrate International Women’s Day by spending time talking to women who inspire you! Ask questions about their life, including struggles they may have overcome, their career and how they got where they are now, about how they raised a family (if applicable), and how they balance it all!